indexare site-uri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LotRO:the new WoW?

Go down

LotRO:the new WoW? Empty LotRO:the new WoW?

Post  anisplas Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:20 am

I like WoW, and I also like LotRO, but I do have to ask: 'am I the onlyone who notices that these two games are twins? I've tryed mentioning this in my Kinship but they don't seem to agree with me. This isn't to say that the game is bad but I will admit LotRO has already become "repetative" to me in the fact that its so similar to WoW.
-Crafting System is almost the same thing, this includes Nodes and such.
-The UI is nearly identical, map in the same are, backpacks in the same spot heck even the exp bar is floating at the bottom of the screen just like in WoW (not that Lord of the Rings Online is the first game to copy that).
-Elites and Elite quests, this system of "uber spawns" seems taken right out of World of Warcraft. Sure you've got differnt flavors like your Signatures are somewhat stronger than your normals, and you move up to the Elites with the nice ring around there photo to let you know they're stronger... heck you even have the "super" elites and your Nemesis types. In the end though this is just like any raid content that WoW had.
It dosn't end with that but I wont continue the list, aside from the travel system not flying its also the same. I'm not trying to bash the game, but I'm pointing this out to anyone who is interested... that I'm 100% sick of the WoW style of gameplay. I've played it in WoW and this game is fun, the story has kept me going upto 25, but I'm starting to lose my steam. One must ask... is WoW copying the future of all MMOS?

anisplas

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum